Monday, October 10, 2011

Sew What?



Ok, new season....new wardrobe! Only in my dreams!

Sooo what do I do? 


1. Drag last years stuff out of the bins.

2. See what still fits. [won't even go down that rabbit trail]

3. Look to see if there are any new trends that I like.

4.Match up new styles w/ sewing patterns.

5. Pull fabric out [adore this part]!

6. Sew away!


Spiegel


Sundance

Sundance

Pinterest is a fun place to play....pin your ideas....look at other folks pins....

I have to be careful....could spend hours playing there!



Fabric.com is a great source for fabrics. Walmart is bringing back their fabrics....yaaaay! There are a gazzillion sites to shop from online.

The pattern below is wonderful. I have sewn just about every length... very comfortable. Super easy! Minimal skills needed....you can do this!








Here are a few of the items I whipped up. When I make or buy anything it has to go with at least 3 other things in my wardrobe. The toile fabric is a skirt made from the pattern above. I made a shirt out of the same fabric as well as a black blouse w/ pretty rhinestone buttons. All interchange.[ The pink fabric rose comes off.]




Of course you need new jewelry to go with your new clothes.

I name the jewelry pieces that I make. The name of this piece?

SEW WHAT?



I will be linking to these blog parties:

Monday-
ClubG.W. at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.blogspot
Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at thehouseinroses.blogspot.com
http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com
Tuesday-
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Wednesday
Happy Hour at http://www.happyhourprojects.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Potpouri Friday 2805
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground
I'm aPinning Blogger at 5 Minutes for Me
Saturday
Saturday Nite Special at funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com
Sunday
Think Pink at www.flamingotoes.com

Until next time,







17 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the toile skirt and the bracelet! You are so talented! Club G.W. should be up by this evening, it's been a crazy 4-day weekend! See you then!

xoxo
Kathleen

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

Now your gotten in the room to sew again, for myself. All I've been doing is Home Dec sewing. I think I will also try out the pattern. Thanks for stopping by my blog, becoming a follower. I am now your follower.

Revi said...

Thanks, sweet Audrey!

Father, you are our creator and our healer. You are our provider and you know everything. You are in control of everything. You are all good, desiring only what is best for us. We don't know why you allow us to suffer sometimes, but we thank you for it, knowing that we are learning something we could learn no other way.

Thank you for sending your son to us, and for all the blessings he brought with him. Thank you that he said he will take our infirmities from us. Thank you that you do not lie, that you keep your word always. Thank you for your perfect timing.

Lord, we lift Audrey's husband to you, asking for healing, for freedom from pain. Lord, please allow the work that is being done by him and in him to be done quickly, so he may live in abundant health. Give him your comfort and let him know you are with him as your word tells us you are. Reveal yourself to him in remarkable ways. May you be glorified in his infirmity and again in his healing. May the faith of many be increased when they hear of your works. We praise you and thank you in advance for this.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Revi said...

Can you please email me? It would be nice to have your email for more private communications at times.
:)
-Revi

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Audrey,
I just want you to know that I echo Tamala's prayer.
Blessings,
Rosemary

P.S. I love your creations. You've got some skills.

Elegant Economies said...

Thank you so much for your prayers. My husband is responding well to the shot in his spine and the fracture is healing. You are all so kind!
Blessings, Audrey

Unknown said...

Very cool that you make your own wardrobe and jewelry! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I'm following you back. Have a great day.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What a cute skirt pattern and I adore your bracelet! Thank you so much for linking up!

Patty & Kenneth said...

Love your bracelet! Found you through Pamela's party. I'm your newest follower, and I'd love it if you stopped by my blog for a visit. I have Jewelry page if you like to browse!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I rarely make clothes these days (I found I enjoy home decor MUCH more!) but it doesn't keep me from ooo-ing and ahh-ing over some of the styles out there. The skirt you've shown does look so versatile!

Karima said...

Wow - what a great post - I looove the bracelet! Your newest gfc follower, Karima
www.karimascrafts.com

Unknown said...

Good idea! I love an easy pattern and skirts are the best! :)

~Liz

Adrianne Surian said...

I love the bracelet, it's sew cool, lol! I would love to see you come link up over at Happy Hour Projects, my Freestyle Friday link party runs all weekend!

Adrianne
www.happyhourprojects.com

Mandy said...

Hi Audrey, wanted to let you know that I'm going to be featuring your "sew what" bracelet tomorrow evening @ projectqueen.org. Thanks so much for linking up to the party last Tuesday. Hope you will link up to party #5 this week.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your braclet is adorable! I have always been a fan to skirts with flippy bottoms...so sassy!

Thank you for participation in Potpourri Friday. You have certainly made it more fun!

Pamela said...

Yes just loving the toile skirt and the bracelet! Great new fall pieces!! I wish it will start feeing like fall here. We are still in shorts and flops!:) Thanx for coming to the party!

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at HSH Fall Open House! I'm late getting around, last week internet troubles.:)
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...