Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Buttons and Lace Lamp Shade

I love lace and I love buttons!

So.... when I found this lamp at a flea market for four dollars it was a no brainer  as to what to put in it!
{My sweetheart wanted to put acorns and shell casings!}

Hmmmm! No!





Then I found a skeleton of a shade....oooh.....doesn't get better than this!

 I took some old satin, a fragment of lace, and some lovely off white buttons......


 hand sewed them on the shade frame....


and voila!



Pretty!





There are loads of parties coming up!

I am linking this post to my friend Gina's Party  at Random Thoughts



Don't miss out on all the fun,
 get to know some of these awesome and wonderful fellow bloggers.












And a big Thank you, Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for featuring my post
Sunshine In My Soul...you all are so kind!


http://www.cedarhill
ranch.blogspot.com/2012/03/cowgirl-up-linky-party-5.html


Don't be a no-reply blogger!

Remember to check your profile page to make sure your comments on other blogs can be returned....go here to find out how.

http://bet1975.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-plea-to-no-reply-bloggers.html

Say NO to word verification! You will be glad you did!
 If you turn off your "word verification", it will be ok!
 Blogger has you trying to figure out two words now! This is the thing {that is supposed to prevent spam} where you have to type strange words to prove you're a human. I took a chance & turned mine off last year.
 SO FAR, no problems!
Here's how-- If you use "Blogger", click on "design" - then "settings"- then "comments" to turn your word verification off.




Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well so clever for sure. I love the buttons and the lace. How pretty. Hugs, Marty

Gina said...

This is so pretty, Audrey! I love buttons and think that they were the perfect item to fill the lamp with. Your shade is really lovely too! Thanks for sharing this at my party!

Elegant Economies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Hopeful Home said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Witha said...

Lovely! I love the lamp shade. You are very creative :D
I'm your new follower on Linky. I'd love if you can follow me too

Thanks
Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How pretty!

Pamela said...

Very very cute! Thanx for coming to THT!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Love hte button lamp. SO cute!

Linking from Random Thoughts :D

xo,
Ricki Jill

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Thanks so much for linking up to the "Spring Fling" party over at I Gotta Create! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...