Saturday, March 10, 2012

Birdie Under Glass...Spring In the Kitchen



I put this little birdie under glass in my kitchen.
 Don't plan on eating him....just looking at him!

 Sounds rather sadistic as I write this down.

Don't worry....he isn't alive....no...he isn't dead either!

He is this cute little metal guy.... has a coat of white paint, but is a bit rusty in places.....take a look......



See he is right under there....with a nest....a glass knob....and a bit of lace!








How do you like my burlap coffee bag?






My lamp base is filled to the brim with

 old white and beige buttons.

The shade was a wire skeleton

 that I covered with antique satin,

 lace and buttons.




Isn't he tweet! I'm not just twittering either!

Haha!

There are loads of parties coming up!




Don't miss out on all the fun,
 get to know some of these awesome and wonderful fellow bloggers.










Thank you, Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours
 for featuring my Spring Sideboard.



http://frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.com/



And a big Thank you, Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for featuring my post
Spring Fonts and Graphics...you all are so kind!


http://www.cedarhill
ranch.blogspot.com/2012/03/cowgirl-up-linky-party-5.html


Don't be a no-reply blogger!

Remember to check your profile page to make sure your comments on other blogs can be returned....go here to find out how.

http://bet1975.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-plea-to-no-reply-bloggers.html

Say NO to word verification! You will be glad you did!
 If you turn off your "word verification", it will be ok!
 Blogger has you trying to figure out two words now! This is the thing {that is supposed to prevent spam} where you have to type strange words to prove you're a human. I took a chance & turned mine off last year.
 SO FAR, no problems!
Here's how-- If you use "Blogger", click on "design" - then "settings"- then "comments" to turn your word verification off.




Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com


23 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your vignette. The lamp, coffee bag and of course the cloche. That little nest and bird are just perfect. Great display. Thanks so much for linking to the party. Hugs, Marty

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Cute little birdie under glass. I have two bunnies under a glass like yours. I'll be linking them to Marty's Cloche party.
I love the burlap coffee bag too.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Darling vignette with your little birdie poked under your cloche. The entire vignette is precious!
Have a great weekend and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

eileeninmd said...

It is a cute little birdie and a pretty display. Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a wonderful week!

Mindie Hilton said...

Very pretty and fun to look at. Thanks for sharing your kitchen decor. Please come share at the Weekly Friday-Monday Anything Goes linky.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Very pretty...I love the bird under glass!

Pondside said...

That little birdie is very sweet under glass - after all, he does have a nest!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty spring tinme vignette! I agree wholheartedly --with using NO word verification! :)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your spring vignette is pretty, it's always fun to put things under a cloche.

BailiwickStudio said...

That's a perfect Spring vignette! ::Jill

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How precious! He would cheer me up, too! ♥

Rose Jesky said...

I think this is so darling. I also like the coffee Bag! I want one.
Thanks for sharing, Rose
PS
I'm following. I hope you can come follow me too. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Love your vignette, the lamp, coffee bag and the cloche (love cloches). Also love the bird and nest so glad to know he's doing well there. I love your new header, so wish it was easy to change out a header on wordpress, but it isn't. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best.

Anne said...

That bird is so cute.And displayed perfectly.Love that burlap coffee bag.

Cynthia said...

That's so pretty! I love your coffee bag, too!

Gail said...

What a beautiful vignette you have created! I love your burlap coffee bag...I have the same one and it's displayed on my counter top as well.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your birdie under glass, I've got birdies too! The button lamp is precious.

Deb S said...

Just found your blog and following you now! Anxious to get back into blogging! Now I'm even more inspired.

Tammy said...

Love the nest and little bird under glass! It looks so spring like!! I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh what a sweet vignette you've created there! I love cloches and this sure is TWEET! Thanks for linking it.
Hugs,
Patti

Revi said...

Lookin' GOOD, Audrey! And I love your little bird and the vignette.
-Revi

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I like birdie vignettes and have a few myself. Love the pretty buttons, too.

Thanks for joining the fun at Time Travel Thursday each week.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Pamela said...

Loving your birdie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...