Saturday, November 26, 2011

I Adore Red....red plates, platters, saucers...




Thanksgiving has come and gone. It is time to drag all of our Christmas decor out of all of my hidey holes.

 Our granddaughters reached up in the top of the guest room closet and pulled the boxes down for me. It is always more fun doing things when they are helping me.
   I started pulling out the red dishes last week and sorting them. I will be posting pictures of the vignettes that I come up with later this week. Playing with different ideas of how to place them is relaxing for me.

 I am so glad my Sweetheart enjoys my 'playing'! Things get a little chaotic when things are strung from one end of the house to another.

Red is one of my all time favorite colors....I love RED!





The transferware pattern is Mason and is from England. The little bowl was made in USA by Homer Laughlin.

































Hope you enjoyed looking at them.

 Remember in all the rush of the season to take time to be still. My favorite scripture says "Be still and know I am God".
It is difficult this time of the year  to do that. Take time to enjoy the simple pleasures that are given to you each and every day.

Thank you to the wonderful Deborah at Common Ground for featuring me here and to the sweet like her name Honey at 2805 for featuring me here. Both are so generous to host blog parties each and every week. If you have not linked to Deborah's Vintage Inspiration or Honey's Potpourri Party give it a try.

I will be linking to these blog parties:

Monday-
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.blogspot
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com

Tuesday-
ClubG.W. at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
projectqueen.org
Tablescape Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com

Wednesday-
Primp Your Stuff at http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Wednesday is Rednesday athttp://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

Thursday-
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at F.M.B.P.T.Y.

Friday-
Feathered Nesthttp://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Potpouri Friday 2805
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
The Shabby Nest:Frugal Fridayhttp://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground

Saturday-
How Sweet the Sound http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
I Heart Macro at Studio Waterstone





49 comments:

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the dishes, a very pretty display! Laura

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Those are some lovely dishes! Have fun decorating!!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Absolutely love the china. Wish I had the room and money to collect some! Can't wait to see your vignettes!

xoxo
Kathleen

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I love your red dishes!!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Gorgeous! I adore red too!

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't have much red in my home except for the holidays, I always love seeing it in other people's houses. Your transferware is beautiful, yet I bet it it totally stunning at Christmas. Can't wait to see how you decorate this year.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful collection of red dishes! perfectly merry!

Unknown said...

Hey there Bloggy Friend! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!!! I'm loving your collection! I'm following you back!!!

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your transferware and other red dishes are wonderful!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love your red dishes, but what I love even more is the verse you cited, "Be still and know I am God." I'm going to commit myself to that verse during this busy season. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm now a follower.
~Jennifer

Sarah said...

Lovin all your reds! Beautiful post. ~ Sarah

jessica said...

I LOVE these red patterns! My mom used to have a bunch *pre-blogging* days...I've since fallen in love with these types of dishes...sadly she has gotten rid of all them {garage sale :( } That's okay, I'll someday find more!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you also!!! Have a blessed week!

~*Jessica

Carrie said...

You have a fabulous collection of red dishware...each pattern is a lovely design!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I have started a collection of red dishes, I think they are so pretty. Looking forward to your vignettes with them.

Sarah said...

Audrey, I'm back for another dose of this gorgeous post. Love the red! I added myself to follow. Look forward to more visits. ~ sarah

Our Country Bungalow said...

I love red transferware! I have lots of transferware but believe it or not I have no red. And red is my favorite color.

Your photos are beautiful.

~cathy

Susanne said...

Loved the red eye candy - thanks for sharing.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am another one who loves your red & white dishes. I always look for them out shopping at vintage stores and they are always pricey

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I love your red and white dishes and the sweet vignettes you have created with them.

Ann said...

Red transferware has always meant comfortable elegance to me. Your pieces are wonderful.

LV said...

Your dishes are very pretty and will make a beautiful table setting.

Anonymous said...

I too LOVE red transferware. Your dishes are beautiful, and perfect for decorating at Christmas!

★Carol★ said...

It really is total chaos until we finally get everything all decorated, isn't it? You have a wonderful collection of red dishes! I started collecting them a few years ago but gave up because it was so hard to find red transferware around here!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your collection is lovely, especially that transferware...my fave!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your red transferware is so pretty! I love your vignettes too.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass

Lori said...

I love red too. The homer laughlin pieces are great, I have the matching plate.

Angela said...

Red transfer and gingham..oh my!!!! Perfect !!!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

The dishes are gorgeous! Decorating the tree with your granddaughters is such a special time. My 5 year old granddaughter will be helping me later this week. She can hang the ornaments higher this year!!
Have a happy Rednesday!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Beautiful! I love red too! These dishes are so pretty!

Lou Cinda

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Your red transferware is gorgeous...just perfect for this time of the year too or anytime for that matter :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Visits With Mary said...

Love your transferware, the pattern is gorgeous, perfect for Christmas...

Unknown said...

I'm a red transferware person too! Love your collection!

Calypso In The Country said...

I LOVE your dishes - AND red, as you can tell by my dining room walls! Thanks for commenting that you like them and for stopping by.
-Shelley

Unknown said...

Love the red dished! Thanks for sharing joAnn

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm with you on loving RED! I love your transferware...so pretty!!!

Southerncook said...

I LOVE your red transferware. I happened to see some in Tues. Morning the other day and I think they had a set of six. I have been trying to avoid the temptation because I surely do not know where I would put them but after seeing your post I think I am caving. May have to make a stop in there this afternoon???? You have a beautiful blog and I enjoyed your post wayyyyyyyyy to much.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gorgeous!! I love all of those red dishes...and it is the perfect time of year to bring them out and use them!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love your transfer ware. Love the red, and love the fabric in the photos. Can't wait to see what you do with it all. I am your latest follower.

Marigene said...

Beautiful vignettes...love the red transferware.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your red transferware is gorgeous and I do adore red!!

Thank you for the nice compliment, and thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday!

Leslie's Garden said...

Red and white - my favorite! CAn't wait to see more of your lovely Christmas.

Kim, USA said...

I love reds too!

Tablescape Thursday

Geneva said...

I love reds too, but have none that I could share like you've done. Yours are beautiful and you did an amazing job photographing them. Thank You!

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! I am with you on this red! I just love it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Carol said...

You have GREAT red and white dishes! Come back & visit, I'm having a give-away!

Rose Petal Hollow said...

I love your dishes. I just started collecting red transerware this summer. I adore red...
MaryAnn

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi Audrey!
Red's my favorite color, too! Your dishes are beautiful! I'm your newest follower.
xoxo
Joy
http://ChristmasSpiritAllYearLong.blogspot.com
http://tomorrowsmemorieskjlb.blogspot.com

trish said...

Oh so much pretty in one place!! :o)

Pieni Lintu said...

So lovely dishes!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...