Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring Sideboard

Yes, it did snow here in the early morning hours. 
But it did not stay.
 And yes...
 this is my Spring stuff. 
I do realize that we can still get creamed with a glorious batch of snow.
That would be wonderful!
 I am just so ready for lighter colors.

 I have been pulling all the Spring decorations out.
 So here is my Spring sideboard.











No...your eyes do not deceive you...
that is a bunny on my table!
Our granddaughters LOVE that bunny,
 of course I put him out already.




I started the composition on the sideboard with a linen runner ...
 layered an old, chippy framed mirror next.




Why bother taking all the old coats of gold paint off.
 I bought it in this extremely distressed condition...
love it!





This sweet chipped puppy just begged to come home with us....


we obliged!




The birds need a chapel, too.




This old chipped tureen
 holds some equally old soft green plates 
and a nest with moss. 
There were pieces of a robins egg. 

Either one of the Grands moved it 
or it just didn't find its way back to the nest.










 See how nice the sun is shining? 

When we moved in this little cottage
 none of the french doors were here.

All of our lovely doors
 were bought from an antique store
 in nearby Strasburg, Va.
 Seven doors for fifty dollars!
 Talking about economy.


 We painted them a glossy black...very English Cottage!








I hope you enjoyed the beginning of the Spring redo.
 If you would care to join in a Spring Link Party Parade
then join me on these dates.
to find all the details.
Show your beautiful Spring Pretties and get to 
know some beautiful people.


http://randomthoughtsfromanincoherentmind.blogspot.com/


Thank you again to 

http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

and


http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
for featuring my  Winter Sideboard post.


Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Showoff Your Cottage at houseintheroses,com
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at lindacoastalcharm.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Texture Thursday at The Daily Wyatt
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Frugal Friday at www.shabbynest.blogspot.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com


You ladies are so very kind!

40 comments:

Our Country Bungalow said...

I love your pictures. You do some beautiful arrangements. I love your style. :-)
~cathy

theromanticrose said...

Adoro la tua credenza ed i tuoi dolci oggetti!Rosetta

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your sideboard vignette. The basket, linens, plates, frame and all of your accessories are just perfect. Stunning. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Gina said...

Your sideboard looks beautiful, Audrey! All the pretty green & white make for a lovely springtime vignette and you always use pretty & interesting items.

Thanks for the party shout-out!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Beautiful and serene vignette. Love the bunny on the table, mine will be coming out soon. Those doors are gorgeous, need some in my house lol!

Kathleen

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

First of all, I adore your sideboard! What a charming piece of furniture.
ANd I love your sweet Spring display that you have on top of it!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anne said...

Lovely set up.What a steal on those doors.I get excited when I see a vintage door for 50.00 a piece.I think your deal is better.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Audrey,

Beautiful vignettes you have created.

I adore French doors and you really scored on yours.

Dee

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I love your sideboard, just love it and you do great vignettes. So pretty, I don't think I have the knack! but get inspired from you. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.Tay!

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

Audrey, What a gorgeous room! Love that sideboard and how you've brought it to life with a beautiful bird theme! The sunshine streaming in and the warm colors make it all look so very inviting! I Found your blog today through Mary's Mosaic Monday and happy to have found you. I'm off to have a little mosaic fun myself. I hope you'll stop by Sall's County Life sometime! (We're having a giveaway, please do sign up!)

Barb said...

Hi Audrey, Wonderful! There isn't a thing in this gorgeous post that I don't love.

Barb ♥

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is really lovely, Audrey! I love everything you've used here and you've incorporated some of my favorite elements and colors.

visiting from Met Monday! :)

Karen said...

I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! We have similar taste for sure.
Have a great week.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

chateau chic said...

Hi Audrey,
Nothing wrong with getting out the spring stuff, especially when it's close to 70 today. Your displays look so nice and fresh.
Mary Alice

Linda said...

Always love your sideboard, Audrey, in all seasons!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Little Miss Maggie said...

Well done! Truly enjoyed your spring sideboard. Love all the ironstone and white flowers against the dark woods.

Anonymous said...

The arrangement on your sideboard is just beautiful! Love seeing all of your sweet things. Your photography is very nice too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Decorating Diaries said...

Your sideboard arrangement is just lovely.

Janet

Sarah said...

Beautiful vignettes on your spring sideboard, Audrey.

Special 'K' said...

A beautiful sideboard. I so love that little doggie! Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Martha said...

A lovely sideboard. Love all your things.

Babs said...

Your Spring sideboard vignette is so pretty. Love the bird prints and basket with the transferware. Happy Spring.

Barbara Jean said...

very sweet!!

blessings
barbara jean

Pam Kessler said...

Wow, I love that sideboard. Your springy arrangement is so pretty. Great dog!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your sideboard is gorgeous, Audrey! I love the way you mix elements in your vignettes! Stunning!

Amanda Dale said...

The attention to detail is fantastic! Thanks so much for linking up to Cowgirl Up! Hope to see you again next week!
Thanks,
Amanda
www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I love the elegance of your sideboard vignette. So many pretty pieces....but that little puppy stole my heart. Love him.

I'm your newest Linky Follower

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Pondside said...

Such a serene scene around your sideboard.
So interesting about your doors - they are gorgeous!

Pamela said...

Loving your sideboard and how you layered the pieces. It looks grand!

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Your sideboard is so ready for spring...so am I quite frankly but yes if it did snow I would love that too! Beautiful post Audrey...thank you for sharing!

Doni said...

Hi Audrey! I think you did a bang up job on that! The pieces all work together to make a feast for the eyes!! LOVE the sheep and puppy....and that little chapel is adorable! Great job!
Thanks so much for linking up with me for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Lovely!!
Doni

Unknown said...

Your sideboard is very pretty! I love looking at all your pretties.......It all says "Welcome Spring".
Blessings My Friend,

Unknown said...

Darling! I need to re-do mine! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

~Liz

The Tablescaper said...

I'm loving your side board. I haven't gotten to change things up in my home yet, but I did change my header on my blog which reminds me of your Spring side board! Come check it out.

I'd also love to have you come join me for Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Fishtail Cottage said...

hi there! just wanted to let you know that i am deleting the new linky follower tool from my side bar. Please make sure you are a follower of Fishtail Cottage using Google...(you can read about it here!)http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-way-to-follow-bloggers.html

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is beautiful....love the layering in your vignettes and the soft colors....I am so ready for spring too! I am a sucker for the chippy dogs too....picky them up whenever I see them in antique booths. :)

Lou Cinda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

pick them up....not picky them up! lol

Lou Cind a

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Audrey, your sideboard is wonderful, love all your Spring touches! and those french doors are just amazing. thanks so much for linking up to VIF!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, I see so many wonderful spring treasures layered atop your sideboard, Audrey! And, once upon a time, I had a copy of the same rabbit painting - different frame - displayed above a chest in my living room. It was one of my favorites.

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again. Hope to see you this week, as well.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...