Monday, August 13, 2012

Collecting and Decorating with Black Transferware


My rule 
for collecting plates
and dishes is
" it can't cost more than a Happy Meal."

For the most part I stick to this rule because
1.it keeps me within my budget 
2. it makes collecting a challenge...
 and more fun!





Since I LOVE collecting.....
 and decorating 
with many colors and styles of dishes....
it is a very good thing that I stick to my rule!




So I am always on the watch
 for dishes that catch my eye....
 in flea markets....
at yard sales....
church basement sales....
Big Lots....WallyWorld...
Hobby Lobby.....GoodWill....
My Mom's.....
well you get the idea!
[smile...just a teensie bit obsessive]




This Spode plate was a bit more.
$12
It was gift from my sweetheart.
 At twelve dollars it was a deal,
but more than a Happy Meal,
so I was going to pass it by.
Thankfully.....
my Sweetheart enjoys collecting, too.





The Staffordshire was perfect-$1! 
That's right....a dollar!
AND.....
there were 2! 
 Happy Dance!




Commemorative plates are really inexpensive.....
 and easy to find.
 They are often made to celebrate a person or a building.
 Sometimes they are made to celebrate an occasion. 
I paid $1.50 for this plate commemorating a church. 









The black transferware mixes beautifully
 with my green bottles,
 cream lace, black framed pictures.
None of the dishes match one another,
 but who cares?
I think they mix quite well.

Most of my collection is a bit chippy
 from hanging on the wall....
I don't let that keep me from buying a dish,
but don't use them as serving pieces.







Some of the small plates nestle sweetly
 in a basket 
with a lace doily in the front
 and ivy in the back.




Putting together a collection of dishes needn't be expensive
 or matchy- matchy to express your style and personality!
 Just keep your eyes open for the deals and possibilities!

In case you haven't heard Debbie 
at Debbie Do's is having a reunion this week.
 She is the fabulous lady that helped many a person get her blog off the ground.
If you are a Newbie or if You participated in her Newbie Parties why don't you join us!

Blessings,

Audrey


 Monday-
Mosaic Monday at dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Make It Pretty at the Dedicated House
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org

Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits at Stone Gable
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...