Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunshine In My Soul Today!

I love chenille!


 It brings such happy memories from childhood to my mind.

 I grew up in South Florida in the Sixties.
 Yes...I am that old! To get to my Grandparents house we traveled old Highway A-1A.

They lived in South Georgia.




 Along the way....
 [way back then].....
 there were touristy stores with beautiful chenille spreads on clotheslines! 

Purple ones with peacocks! 
Pink ones with flowers! Green, yellow and blue ones!
 Gorgeous!


http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-1016

Is it any wonder that I fell in love with colorful textiles!

This week I started preparing our sunroom for Spring.

 During the cooler months I used the red chenille  and R Lauren linens to decorate this room.
If you would care to see how I decorated this room last Fall you can go here to this post.

But, since Spring is approaching I pulled out a buttery soft yellow chenille spread to bring a lot of wonderful sunshine to this favored place.

 Our granddaughters love sleeping in this room!










Added this yellow toile pillow to our white flea market chair.








Some yellow dishes and a mini quilt sewn from 4 inch squares.



I loved the circular pattern of this fabric so much that I hand quilted following the circles.






This adorable lemon teapot was only $1.50!




 Is it any wonder that this room has me remembering happy times? We used to sing a song in the church I grew up in. "There is sunshine in my soul today..."
Hope you have sunshine in your soul today as well!



Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I would love to lounge on that gorgeous day-bed!!! Chenille always reminds me of a bedspread my grandmother had when I was a child, thanks for the memory trigger. ~Smiles, Lori

Angela said...

I'm 'old' too and adore chenille. Brings back many memories.I scored a similar bedspread as the white one you have at a yard sale for 50 cents. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I will have to check out your red one, I ADORE red.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

No wonder the grandchildren love it... I wanna hang out there! Beautiful. Thanks so much for linking up!
igottacreate.blogspot.com
"Kiss Me I'm Irish" linky party now open

MomWaldsPlace said...

What lovely memories and a lovely post. I would like to take a nap in there with the sunbeams right now myself!

It is easy to make your own chenille if you want to make a pillow or small blanket for "your girls".

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the chenille it his such a wonderful vintage fabric. A few years ago we took A1-A from Miami to Coco Beach, yikes. Thanks for sharing, Laura

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh your room is so beautiful and so happy. Yes, I remember the song and I remember all the lovely chenille. It brings happy memories also. No wonder the grands love this room, it is wonderful. Thanks in advance for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love cheery yellow and would love to daydream in this room too!

Clara said...

I love your yummuy yellow! Darling little lemon teapot, great deal too!
Clara

Gina said...

Your chenille is so pretty! I love the soft yellow color. I have a chenille bedspread that my Mom gave me that I use in the summertime.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hi Audrey,
Your chenille looks so cozy...makes me want to snuggle right in:) Your room looks like a happy room!
THANKS for dropping by to visit with me...and the kind words about my kitchen.
Have a great week!
Rene'

Jenny's Heart said...

I so have to find a beautiful Chenille spread to go on my day bed! I love the memories they bring back too.
The tea pot is cute as can be and what a deal!
Yep, your post put sunshine in my life today!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Well I'm right up there with age and do love the look of chenille. I found one at a thrift store and also use it for a very large tablecloth. Love your lemon teapot. So want to snuggle up here and read a book.

Heaven's Walk said...

Chenille brings back sweet memories for me, too, Audrey! My grandmother always had chenille bedspreads. So cozy! I love your sweet daybed! All the vintage pillows look so welcoming and snuggly! :)

xoxo laurie

Cambay Hotels & Resorts said...

Sunshine in my Soul Today nice post Thanks for sharing this information which is useful for all.

php web development

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your lovely chenille spread.

I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

Cheryl said...

Everything looks fabulous.... one things missing though. A cat. lol.. you must not have any? They love chenille :-P

chateau chic said...

Hi Audrey, What a bright and cheery place for spring. No wonder your granddaughters like to sleep in there!
Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments!
Mary Alice

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Beautiful! I love chenille too. I have that exact same one! It's in my living room and we use when we take napes on the couch.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely spot! Chenille is such a treat and reminds me of my mother and her bedspreads when I was a little girl. That's a darling little tea pot too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anne said...

That is a pretty chenille spread.Looks so pretty on that sofa.What a bright cherry room.

Elizabeth said...

Love your spring sunroom!

Unknown said...

Love it! It looks wonderful great job! Come and follow me back Joann

bj said...

I love this springy room....and can see why your little grandgirls love sleeping there.
xo bj

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

I have a collection of Chenille spreads my mother gave me. I love the way they feel and look. They bring back a lot of memories.

I'm having my first linky party Simple & Sweet Fridays, hope you can come by and visit with your inspirational ideas.

Jody

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! Love how the sun is streaming in!

Meg said...

Such a beautiful and cheerful room. I'm your newest follower, I'd love if you followed in return and linked up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/03/showoff-saturday-5.html

Hope to see you there!

RuthSMac. said...

Your room is so pretty, and the yellow details are so cheerful. Thanks for sharing your lovely memories and pics :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sweet -- when your granddaughters get my age, they'll cheresh the memories of your sweet welcoming bedroom.

Unknown said...

How pretty! I'd like a nap there too! Sunshiney yellow...the best!

Doni said...

Hi Audrey!!
Lovely room! That chennile spread is so sweet! It just makes the room so bright and cheery!
I remember chennile from my childhood too....for getting into trouble for picking all the little knots off the spread my mother put on my bed! Oh the horror!
And the quilted pillow in yellow...just like sunshine!
Thanks so much for linking up to my Pearls and Lace Thursday party! I'm so glad you join me!
Blessings, Doni

Ivy and Elephants said...

I don't blame your grand daughters, I could just curl up and nap the day away. Chennile reminds me of growing up as well. It makes me feel comfort and love.
Thanks for sharing with us at WIW, we love having you.
Hugs,
Patti

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is so beautiful! It looks so crisp and clean and comfy!! Makes you want to just jump in! Love it!

I am very familiar with Highway
A1A. We used to have a condo on the beach 18 miles outside of St. Augustine on Highway A1A....so many wonderful memories!

Have a great day!

Lou Cinda

janis said...

OMGoodness!
I hopped over from 2805. Irronically I just spent an hour looking for chenille fabrics as I would love to attempt to reupholstery a chair (or most likely buy a bedspread to act as a chair cover :) ) Anywho...great blog! Great to meet ya!

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

A very sweet post! I love that soft comfy-cozy room, the chenille spread, your wonderful quilt and the cute teapot! I am going to follow you now!
Happy Spring! Linda

Unknown said...

I agree to you Linda that this is a sweet post. I never seen a post like this before. Thank you for this.


Charles | Real Estate Philippines

Anonymous said...

Audrey,

I just stumbled upon your blog. It has to be one of the warmest and most welcoming blogs that I have seen.

And by the way, I grew up in South Florida in the 70s.

Blessings!

Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...