Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunshine In My Soul Today!

I love chenille!


 It brings such happy memories from childhood to my mind.

 I grew up in South Florida in the Sixties.
 Yes...I am that old! To get to my Grandparents house we traveled old Highway A-1A.

They lived in South Georgia.




 Along the way....
 [way back then].....
 there were touristy stores with beautiful chenille spreads on clotheslines! 

Purple ones with peacocks! 
Pink ones with flowers! Green, yellow and blue ones!
 Gorgeous!


http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-1016

Is it any wonder that I fell in love with colorful textiles!

This week I started preparing our sunroom for Spring.

 During the cooler months I used the red chenille  and R Lauren linens to decorate this room.
If you would care to see how I decorated this room last Fall you can go here to this post.

But, since Spring is approaching I pulled out a buttery soft yellow chenille spread to bring a lot of wonderful sunshine to this favored place.

 Our granddaughters love sleeping in this room!










Added this yellow toile pillow to our white flea market chair.








Some yellow dishes and a mini quilt sewn from 4 inch squares.



I loved the circular pattern of this fabric so much that I hand quilted following the circles.






This adorable lemon teapot was only $1.50!




 Is it any wonder that this room has me remembering happy times? We used to sing a song in the church I grew up in. "There is sunshine in my soul today..."
Hope you have sunshine in your soul today as well!



Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...