Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vintage Ralph Lauren Linens

Red is... hands down.... my all time favorite color....
So when I found these RL linens at a local flea market....they called my name!

This lovely white iron day bed was lounging outside another flea market for $50!!!!   A STEAL!!!!

 Now it resides in our sunroom where our Middle Granddaughter claims it as her own when she spends the night.

During the warm seasons this room wears creamy shades of white, but as soon as the temps start dropping just a wee bit......out comes the warmer colors....particularly the reds!












Below is a detail shot of the linens and the iron daybed....the sunlight on a cold day shining thru all the windows in this room.....wonderful....no S.A.D. here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

Light therapy truly does help w/ winter depression....get all the natural light you can during the winter months.






This delightful little chandy was scooped up for a song...another flea buy -$15

The old frame below was repaired by my sweetheart and filled w/ a print from Michael's.











Close-up detail of chandy....







Fall hydrangeas [silk of course] bring such warmth and cheer!







Our lovely white chair sits in the other corner....



This is where I sit whilst contemplating....aren't my fancy shmancy shoes just too cute! To see the white chair in another post go here.





This is the same day bed using Pioneer Woman's action Heartland....I just love playing around with all the wonderful filters and actions. If you haven't tried them here is where you can get them....free!









There is an old wooden chest sitting next to the daybed...it's color changes quite often. [Poor thing probably has some identity issues]

On top of the chest old suitcases store DVD's [our Grands watch tv out here while doing crafts] To see more of these suitcases go here.







Don't you just adore Fall???? One of my favorite seasons.....










Ralph Lauren's style is so rich, warm, elegant, but still very comfortable...kind of like my house slippers....very tactile and welcoming....

Here is a current collection, the Brookefield  Collection for her,  waaaay out of my budget, but as timeless as his stuff is who knows, might find this collection in a flea market someday!




Amelia Black floral duvet


But, until then I am loving my vintage Ralph Lauren linens and very thankful for the beauty they bring. 




Simple living really can be elegant.

My friend Revi [http://revisionarylife.blogspot.com/2011/09/spider-story-revised-lamp-and.html talks about light in her post this week, too! This is really good...

 1 John 1:5

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Until next time, keep shining your light! 
Remember, you are made in HIS image.



I agree!








25 comments:

Babs said...

Audrey, Your RL linens are beautiful and look so warm and cozy on your day bed.
How lucky to find them at a flea market. Enjoy and have a happy Fall.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love RL linens, about ten years ago I found 2 pillow cases from him and they are still going strong in fact they are on my bed now!
My oldest brother passed away from cancer about 11 years ago, so hard to believe he is gone, I know how you feel.
I love DG just found a Rooster lamp there for...get this...$2.75! I'll be doing a post about it, I'm also a follower of your blog!

Rondell

Decor To Adore said...

Oh there is too much goodness for on post! I love it all.
Thank you so very much for linking up to Fall In Love Wednesdays.

Have a blessed weekend.

Revi said...

Hi Audrey,

I love your post, your style, the color red, and especially that you linked to my Word for the Day! That touches me so, I can't tell you.

I feel so blessed to be able to put the word out there in this way, and each time I get a comment or a thanks for posting it, I know God is in it. It's funny, sometimes, well, MOST of the time, I paint something and take photos, and I'm thinking, "What am I going to write about this, and WHAT will the word for the day be?" One way I know the Holy Spirit is involved is that He always shows the verse. I use Bible Gateway and type in a keyword, and up comes options. I read through them, and usually one sticks out as the best fit. Sometimes I'll have written most of a post, then I go back and tweak it a bit to fit the word a little better.

Years ago, I discovered Isaiah 55, beginning in verse 10:

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire

I think this verse is such a comfort! All we have to do is speak (or write) the word, and put it out there. The Holy Spirit takes over at that point and connects the people to it who need it! I LOVE that! The blog thing is so fun for me, and I see it as a perfect opportunity to use my talents, interests and passions, and to use it as a ministry tool.

Audrey, I read your post about your husband's accident and losing your brother, and I'm so sorry. I do hope everything is going well for you and your husband is getting better each day.

I thought you might be interested in a book I've been reading. It's called "One Thousand Gifts," and I checked it out of our church library at the urging of our wonderful librarian. She told me what I'll tell you: It's beautifully and poetically written. It also has some amazing insights and puts words to some experiences and feelings it is hard to describe. Susan told me she'd been reading it for a couple of months, because you read something and you don't want to go farther - you want to digest it and absorb it into your life and your memory. I'm doing the same thing - reading slowly. It's a nice way to end my day.

Here's a sample, paraphrased by me:

Every day, we should try to live a life of gratitude. We should live in the moment, appreciating the million small blessings God has given us - a lovely sky, the call of a bird, the smell of lunch cooking, the phone call from a loved one. When we live a life focused on noticing and appreciating the small things He provides, that's when we meet Him and are very aware of His presence in our lives. He is the great I AM. (present tense)

This book is full of jewels like this that really help us when we are going through something hard. Here's a link to find out more about it:

http://onethousandgifts.com/

Sorry to be so verbose! But, you really touched me today. Thank you so much. You can link ANYTIME! :)

Revi

Elegant Economies said...

Revi, So glad it was ok to link w/ your post...just ordered the book you described...sounds wonderful! Have you read Ken Gire's book, "Windows of the Soul"? His book is a wonderful read about being aware of God speaking to us in our daily walk..."windows of our soul"...love it! Blessings, Audrey

Karena said...

Audrey, I adore your daybed and the RL linens! I actually gave some to a girlfriend years ago!!

Everything is beautiful in autumn reds!

I have linked up with Laura's Fall in Love with Your House Party!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love RL designs too! Even more when I find them at thrift prices! Your red room is wonderful. I agree that it's the season for it. Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Audrey, I am so happy you joined the Open House party this week and shared your Fall decor. I love RL style and your linens are wonderful. The chandy and daybed are beautiful and such good buys.
Hugs,
Sherry
PS: I am now a follower!

Carrie said...

What great elegant finds...each will contribute to fabulous decor!

Stop by my blog to take a look at my thrifted deep red tray in this weeks post!

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Audrey I love the linens and what a gorgeous daybed. I look forward to seeing your posts in my "reader".

~willa~

Cheryl said...

Everything looks lovely :-) My idea of decorating for fall is pulling out my blankets lol Thats about it lol

Honey at 2805 said...

The red really grabbed me as it is my favorite color! Your day bed looks so pretty in the RL linens! Thand chandy and the hydrangas really compliment everything beautifully!

I'm delighted you linked this post to Potpourri Friday! I appreciate your participation!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Audrey! So nice to "meet" you. I love Ralph Lauren's style, too. There seems to be such a emotion attached to the look he creates and his choice of linens is so classic. What a great find!
Where in Virginia do you live? I grew up in Bassett. And spent many weekends as a kid camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains! It has a special place in my heart!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi! Yes, Bassett is in the SW corner of the state near Martinsville and about an hour from Roanoke. I think I have relatives up your direction! Small world!

Heirloom treasures said...

Your day bed looks gorgeous,the colours are so rich x

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Every detail of this room is gorgeous! You really know how to pull things together and balance color with texture.

I'm your newest follower. :)

Youaretalkingtoomuch.com said...

Love your linens and thank you so much for sharing PW's actions! My readers would love to find out about your blog! Please share on our Monday Linky Party what you are up to! Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

Sarah said...

Looks like you found a great find. I'm a fan of red too. Enjoyed your post. ~ Sarah

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

We have two things in common, our love for red and Ralph Lauren! Your sunroom is so pretty. What a steal on that daybed!
Just found you via Debbie's newbie party. I'm your newest follower!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your room is so pretty and cozy. I love your linens and that gorgeous chandy too. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
I'm a happy new follower of your blog too.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Okay...RL, sunrooms, chandies, daybeds, vintage suitcases (and those shoes, of course!)...all favorites, I kid you not! Thanks so much for linking up over at my Club G.W. {Goodwill} with Charm Bracelet Diva Party. And you're so right about the light, I really do think I have S.A.D. Uh-oh, here comes winter! Guess I gotta get me one of those sunrooms! :)

The Charm of Home said...

RL is my favorite designer. New or old his linens would always be a good purchase because his style is so timeless! Great linens! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

michele said...

yep. ralph lauren can do no wrong.

love it! found you via house in the roses and
hope you'll enter my giveaway and decide to follow:

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

michele

Pink-a-Palooza said...

Hi,
I just found your blog on Pink Sat. Could u tell me where the red chenille throw and pillow is from? Is it RL also?
Thanks,
Gael

Angela said...

Yepper, this one too, I love..lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...