Tuesday, September 6, 2011

There is a Nip In the Air......Fall Decorating Time


There is a nip in the air here in the mountains.


 Fall is one of my favorite seasons.


Silk flowers- Michael's, Old Books-collected over years, Fabric-Fabric.com






Time to start pulling darker colored stuff out of all my hidey-holes. When you live in a sweet little cottage storage creativity is vital. 




Veronica Spriggs Quick page



Time to put the whites and lighter things away in bins and storage containers and swap out to the burgundies, golds, browns, reds, blacks....




One trick that I have learned to get almost free art work is to frame old encyclopedia pics.




 That is what I did with the cute fishy pictures below. 









Using a sharp cutter, [don't cut yourself], cut out an old pic....

calenders work well, too....

I spray painted my frames, [Wal-Mart has frames for $3 sometimes- can't beat that price w/ a stick]









There you go.....


 art that is uniquely yours and very cheap...love it!










Bought this sweet little owl at the Valley Treasures Woodstock,Va.http://local.yahoo.com/info-36311248-valley-treasures-woodstock-$2


Our white and cream linens don't get to rest!

They are timeless and beautiful in all seasons....

look for them in flea markets and new stores.... wonderful deals can be found.













Don't hydrangeas just make you feel good....

these guys don't even have to fear my brown thumb!







Below are two suitcases that traveled the world with my maternal grandmother. Didn't know her very well until later in life....she left and didn't come home for many years!









Very thankful my mom is a forgiving person and my grandmother had the courage to put the past behind her....












A new season is a good time to put past things where they belong.....behind us....time to forgive....and be forgiven.






Birds of a feather, flock together.




There is a little nip in the air! Time to start dragging all your Fall stuff out of all your hidey-holes.




Happy dance time Kathleen at Charm Bracelet Divahttp://charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com/ featured my blog....how sweet is that! Go visit her beautiful blog.


 If you have not discovered the wonderful and generous Kim at http://www.kimklassencafe.com/ then you need to check out her textures! Below is a sample of one of her free, yes you heard me right, FREE textures! 




Beeeuuuutiful!!!!


Texture from Kim Klassenhttp://www.kimklassencafe.com/








19 comments:

Revi said...

Hi Audrey,
I felt the nip in the air for the first time this weekend! I love fall - it's my favorite season. Your post made me want to go home and start assembling items, too.
Love the luggage, and the sentiment that goes with it.
-Revi

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

What a sweet post. I love the vintage luggage and the story about your grandmother. Forgiveness is key to a happy life. God bless your mom and grandma! There's a nip in the air here too. Had to wear a sweater today. Time for me to change up the decor too. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed my visit.
~Lynn

Pat Mark said...

The old suitcases are fabulous. I have been looking for some to decorate with for awhile. I think I need to check out my mom's closet. Love all the vintage things you have found. Good idea to swap things out,I have been going to work on that this yr.

Our Hopeful Home said...

What beautiful vignettes, Audrey! I love the encyclopedia art (and the Wal-mart $3.00 frames even more!) And there's something about old suitcases....funny, my husband's mother's mother did the same thing...how weird is that? Anyway, thanks for linking up over at Tuesday's Club G.W. with Charm Bracelet Diva Party! Always happy to see you there! xoxo
Kathleen

Elegant Economies said...

Thank you, Revi, Lynn,Pat,Kathleen! You all are so kind. Blessings, Audrey

Unknown said...

Lovely reminder of where our priorities should be. :) Your luggage and hydrangea are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the free textures... I hopping over to check them out. :)

~Liz

Teresa O said...

What a lovely blog. The dreamy quality of the photo and texture adds even more romance. Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have some seriously beautiful stuff!

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! You're the most creative one too.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great post and such beautiful pictures. I love your vignettes and the suitcases are lovely with their displays inside. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

sheila from life @ #17 said...

You do have such lovely treasures out for fall :) ...and I love your owl! and hydrangeas...love love hydrangeas...any time of the year :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful vignette, love the suitcases. the hydrangeas and owl looked wonderful together. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Such beautiful vignettes, especially your use of the suitcases. I am a newbie and wanted to stop in to say hello. I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow back. Best Wishes to you!

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful photos! I love hydrangeas and any fall color. It's my favorite season but we don't have that nip here yet. At least we're not having those triple digits!

Pat

Gail said...

Luggage, owl, dried flowers, fish pics, you pulled all this variety items into a rich, beautiful fall scene.

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful hydrangeas. Love your Fall vignettes, they just make me smile. thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Anonymous said...

Audrey beautiful vignette with those gorgeous suitcases and a beautiful reminder of the need to forgive and put the past behind.

bee blessed
mary

Unknown said...

How did you do your signature for your photos. Your artistic talent is awesome!

Elegant Economies said...

Hey Elaine, I use Photoshop Elements...it has what is called layers. You can type any text and layer it over all your pics. Audrey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...