Thursday, September 8, 2011

Orange-Cranberry Poppyseed Muffin-tops


The zing of a fresh orange mixed with the tartness of cranberry just speaks Fall to me.







Just look how pretty these colors are.....so yum!








The two mix so well together in chutneys and relishes.







My all-time favorite combination is to make muffins.

Here is a wonderful recipe from Wilton.http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Orange-Poppy-Seed-Muffin-Tops 

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 egg
  • 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
  • 2 teaspoons orange zest (from one orange)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract Easy-Add vanilla extract

Makes:

About 12 muffin tops.

Instructions:

step 1

Preheat oven to 400°. Spray muffin top pan with nonstick cooking spray.

step 2

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, orange zest, poppy seeds and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients. Stir only to combine.Divide batter equally into pan cavities.

step 3

Bake 9 - 11 minutes or toothpick inserted in center of muffin top comes out clean.




I love the muffin-tops....nice and crispy....w/o all the bulk of the muffin.


muffin-top pans



 Remember when the pans came out to bake these little guys?
 They could be found everywhere....not so any more. Target has them here.http://www.target.com/p/OvenStuff-2-Muffin-Caps-Pans-Gray-6-Cup/-/A-12554244  



Some interesting facts about cranberries and more recipes can be found at this site. 

Whilst [love that word] looking for new recipes for my muffin-top pans I found this book by Laura Ingrahams.

 As is her style she takes very humorous jabs at some of the craziness that is our country right now. Our nation is in very serious trouble.http://www.amazon.com/Thee-Zing-Americas-Cultural-Decline/dp/1451642040/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315515863&sr=8-2


I don't know all the answers....


I do know prayer is a key!

Do you have any recipes to share using cranberries or oranges .....good muffin recipes? Link them in your comments!!!

















4 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Oh Audrey these look so good! How do you take such great food pictures? They look amazing. I'm embarrassed to say that I usually use Krusteaz brand low fat cranberry orange muffin mix and they actually turn out pretty good. But nowhere near as good as yours, I'll bet!

xoxo
Kathleen

Elegant Economies said...

Kathleen, Thank you, I love Krusteaz, too! You can get copyright-free pics on sites advertising their stuff. The cranberry shots are from wikipedia...muffin shots from Wilton, same as the recipe. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 w/ Pioneer Woman Actions to get a real pop to my pics. Then drop frames on all of them to get a cohesive look. If I can do it any one can! Blessings, Audrey

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I love your blog!! I love Laura Ingram too, and Casting Crowns, and the road to your cottage, and those muffins look awesome. I am a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Elegant Economies said...

Thank you,Anita! I love your blog 2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...