Monday, August 6, 2012

Make Your Own Desktop Accessories



You can make you own desktop accessories
out of items you might throw away.
Most of you are like me....
you hate to throw away coffee cans, 
bottles and jars.
Why fill our landfills with things that can be recycled?



I spray painted two coffee cans with a light pink....
 inside and out.
A Snapple bottle lid, a Smucker's jar and lid was sprayed a deep pink.
The lace on the Snapple bottles was white before I wrapped it around the salsa jar and sprayed it deep pink, too!
Be patient for at least a day and let all the stuff you sprayed dry really well.
Next take the lace off the jar and wrap it around the bottle and step back!
Now isn't that so pretty?



Wrap the coffee cans in coordinating fabrics or paper if you like.
I played with the wording on mine. I wrote the words, then sewed them on my machine to look like scribbled doodles. 




You can cover a book with your fabric and embellish with a doily....
no one will have a desktop like yours. That is one of the beauties of crafting!
Your creation is uniquely yours.




This wire basket came from the Dollar General all simple and plain....
Scraps of lace and ribbon, pieces of tulle and rick rack make it much prettier.




I covered a bit of cardboard with pink toile and made pins out of yo-yo's.
The cutie in the Dollar General frame is our grandson.










Hope I have inspired you to make your own desktop accessories....let me see them when you do....

Have an awesome week!
 Blessings, Audrey


Monday-
Mosaic Monday at dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Make It Pretty at the Dedicated House
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org
My Favorite Things at http://www.theironstonenest.com
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

9 comments:

Aledia said...

How pretty!! I think you did a wonderful job, so crafty!
Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful night!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So pretty! I really want to do this for Lucie's room. My favorite is the painted lace....how cute is that!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea. I love them. Nice that you can have them any color you want to totally coordinate with your decor. Great fun. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Very pretty, Audrey!! Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday.

By the way, I'm featuring your sheet music and photo display today for Antique Graphics Wednesday!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Audrey,
You've got great ideas. I love the pinky touch. So me... How I wish I could bring back my crafty mood.

I will do a copy with this. TY for sharing.

Happy TTT... TS and a great week-end ahead.

Greetings from rainy Stockholm,
/CC

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful tinkering! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

Wedding Anniversary Pink, your comment will mean so much!

Ann said...

Oh how very pretty, being frugal is such a great thing. I love making beautiful items out of junk. Every detail is so nice.
Ann

cassandrasminicorner said...

They are useful and so pretty!

Visiting from Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/08/new-hello-kitty-shoes.html

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

It is all so pretty. Really like the the This and That.
Happy PS. Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...