Friday, July 6, 2012

Something's Fishy on the Back Porch



Something fishy is goin' on off our back porch!





Our goldfish have been in this half-barrel for awhile.




Apparently this little guy was a-griping about his lodging to my sweetheart...




because....
next thing I knew.....we were heading to town.

We went into the garden section of our Lowe's....
Our, as in the Lowe's in our town....
we don't personally own a Lowe's...
Wouldn't it be nice if we did!


Bought a pond insert and some nice stone....

The gate was a gift...isn't it lovely!
The fountain has been in the shed for a looong time!




Our kitty did not care....cats are like that....



This is what it looked like before the fish conversation....
You can ask Lexie , a.k.a. Bat Woman....she heard the whole thing!



This is what it looked like yesterday...still not finished....
but progressing right along.

The truck does not stay there,
 it was easier to unload the stones with it parked close to the pond site,
 thought about moving it before taking a picture....
too tired....
did I mention that the temps are in the upper 90's?



Hope you all have a fantastic week!
 If you are experiencing any of the crazy storms stay safe and
 try to stay cool in this heat...
don't even want to know how hot August is going to be!

Blessings, Audrey

Will be linking to some of these fun parties.

Monday-
Mosaic Monday at dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Make It Pretty at the Dedicated House
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org
My Favorite Things at http://www.theironstonenest.com
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

21 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

I love how that fountain is on a vintage gate...a great way to use salvage in decor!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Thank you! I have a gate similiar to yours and I haven't been able to figure out a place to put it...now I know, it will make a great backdrop, especially if I plant a vine up it. Super!

Love your pond.

Gina said...

Everything is looking great! I love the gate!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm sure you have some happy fish! Love the vintage gate!

Our Hopeful Home said...

The fountain and gate are fabulous! We had a koi pond at our old house and it really was fun to watch the fish. Hope you enjoy yours....and stay cool!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

The old gate looks great with the fountain and pond!
I love your new header too.

Joanne Bischof said...

looks like some happy fish in your yard! Fun :) Everything is so green and refreshing looking! Oh, and I love your blog header...it's so charming. All the best!

Pondside said...

That was quick! The new pond is lovely, and I'll bet the fish give it 10 out of 10!

My Little Home and Garden said...

That's a lovely pond at your place.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Nice goldfish pond. We had one exactly like that, that we had fish in but your looks so much more inviting. Love the waterfall feature that you have attached to the gate piece. Wish I had one like yours to put on our wall.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Fun idea! Love your pond!

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Audrey! I think your little fish are going to be so much happier with all of that room to swim around! :) Don't forget to put a pump in the pond to make the water splash! It provides oxygen for the fish. And if the pond is in full sun all day long, you might want to consider buying some water hyacinths or a water lily to provide some shade for the little guys. The splashing water along with plants in the pond help keep your water from turning green and icky. Ok...I'll get off my soapbox now. lol! [I used to work for a landscape company who specialized in water gardens, so I just couldn't help but throw my 2 cents in. lolol!] Enjoy your sweet pond, girlie! :)

xoxo laurie

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

How pretty! I'm sure the fish will be quite happy. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My 1929 Charmer. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party tomorrow at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Don't you just love to sit outside and hear the sound of the water? I know I do! My husband just finished our pond/waterfall. Hopefully, I'll get to share it soon!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your pond and your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

BECKY said...

Hi Audrey! Your fish pond is so awesome. It reminds me very much of one that my Papa Sammy built for my Grandmother a long time ago. Sweet memories!! Love the gate!! The perfect touch!

Thanks for following! I'm following you, too!
Hugs,
Becky

The Artful Diva said...

I love, love, love your water element in the garden!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Audrey, Just wanted to let you know you've been featured on Simple & Sweet Fridays! Thanks so much for sharing this creative project, Love It! Don't forget to grab a button. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jody

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I love how the fountain is on the gate, really cool. Those goldfish can do you in, when we started out pond to make sure everything was working OK we added 2 goldfish. Well let me tell you goldfish multiply like rabbits. Oh my gosh by the third year we had over 50 fish. I couldn't give them away, so do yourself a favor and let get them a friend!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love your pond. The gate and fountain are a wonderful addition.

Dee

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...