Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hurray for the RED, White and Blue




We are a nation most blessed!
As we celebrate the 4th of July let's remember that our freedom comes at a great price....
many are sacrificing their time and even their lives for us to be able to fly such a glorious flag.
 We give thanks to God and our troops!

Our flag flies at the corner of our sun  room...right above the rain barrel.


Here in Northern Virginia every thing has been greening up beautifully.
 Our cottage is surrounded by wonderfully big oaks. Even on warm days we have the benefit of a great deal of shade from these giants. It is so peaceful sitting outside....sipping my coffee....listening to birdsong....incredibly blessed!


Most of my images in this collage are my own. The ones in the middle are from Blanca at Magic Moonlight Free Images. She is extravagantly generous to share her beautiful images for FREE!


And, of course,

 can't miss an opportunity to pull out my red toolbox and red transferware dishes......





Hope you have an incredibly blessed 4th of July!

Audrey




Will be linking to some of these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.net
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Transformation Tuesday at The Ironstone Nest
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org
My Favorite Things at http://www.theironstonenest.com
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming

22 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful photos, Audrey! God Bless America!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Your red transferware is just lovely! I like your rain barrel, too!

Honey at 2805 said...

Loving the Red, White and Blue, Audrey!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Love that little red toolbox--bunches!

Locked Red Door

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous vignettes and great pictures. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Audrey, I'm with you...we are so incredibly blessed and especially by those who have offered their lives in exchange for our freedom. I love the shots of your bright flag hanging outside in the breeze. All your images are so pretty. Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas and leaving me such a thoughtful comment.
Liz

Karen said...

Beautiful photos, I agree we should honor protect and care for our troops. They carry us all om their shoulders. Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate your sweet comments.

chateau chic said...

Love your red, white, and blue! I agree, let's remember how we got our freedoms and work to keep them!
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

CLD said...

I love your post and your blog header...it is just beautiful...from top to bottom. I am so motivated to get busy and finish my July decorating. Thank you for sharing. Have a beautiful weekend. Best Wishes, Bobbie

Anne said...

Happy 4th of July to you too.And for sharing what it is all about.Great photos!
((Hugs))
Anne

Honey at 2805 said...

I'm back to say thank you for sharing this lovely post at Potpourri Friday!

Bohemian said...

What a Wonderful Patriotic Post!

Happy 4th of July... Dawn... The Bohemian

Rostrose said...

I love your photos - great post!
Happy PS from Austria and HAPPY 4th July!
xox Traude

Natasha in Oz said...

You are so blessed to live in such a wonderful country Audrey. I am very envious!

Happy 4th of July-I hope your day is wonderful!

Blessings and best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Thank you for such a beautiful tribute to the red, white & blue!

:)

Linda

Anonymous said...

Audrey, lovely photos to celebrate the 4th of July. We are truly blessed...I only wish we (the country) would slow down enough to contemplate that.

Blessings for a wonderful day,
Marianne

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Very enjoyable post and lovely photos

God Bless America ! :)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Beautiful patriotic inspirations! Love your red transfer ware in that toolbox:)Thanks for your lovely comment. Wishing you a Happy 4th. God Bless the USA!~Poppy

Pondside said...

Such pretty red, white and blue. It reminded me that I also have a red painted tool box, but it is currently holding geraniums. I think it might like to be used like yours!

thistlewoodfarm said...

What inspiration! I love the colors and the photographs!

Happy Birthday America!

blessings,
karianne

Cristina Garay said...

Great pictures, Audrey!! I also live in the Wash.DC area and yes, everything right now is so green! I love it!
Have a great fourth of July!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Audrey these are breath taking vignettes. Happy 4th to yo uand your family.

Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...