Monday, May 14, 2012

Angel Vignette


Creating a vignette is one of my favorite pastimes!
 For me it is calming and very soothing!

When Cathy at My 1929 Charmer asked me to celebrate her first Blog-aversary by teaching a simple how-to ....
I said YES!

Happy First, Cathy!

 I love your blog!

 It shares the warmth of your heart!
Thank you for inviting us into your home each week. You are such a talented person and you share your talents in such a beautiful way. 
Thank you for hosting Sunday's Best!

 May you be richly blessed in this coming year as well! 
Now.... a simple how-to create a vignette:

1.Decide on your focal piece. For the Angel Vignette I am using a ceramic angel vase...it is nice and big and says 'look at me'!  



2. Pull other things together that will play well with the focal piece. 
Look for pieces that have common colors and texture. 
Vignettes are all about layering.
In the picture below I started by layering a piece of natural linen on my sideboard. The fabric is not what I want to draw attention away from my 'star'! The linen compliments the angel piece, but doesn't draw the eye away from it.
I liked the soup tureen, but the topiary just wasn't working for me....







3. Use varying heights and textures to create interest.
By placing a book under my focal piece I add to the 'look at me' proclamation without taking attention away from the angel piece. The white in the angel is echoed along with the texture in the creamer and the tureen and the pitcher. The texture of the old book adds to the interest. Notice the texture of the crocheted lace in the tureen.


4. Throw in a surprise of whimsy. 
The gold cherub is just enough to make things interesting without jolting all the attention away from my focal piece.






5. Use uneven numbers to create harmony. 

You may not realize, but your eye will tell you when things aren't right....
it just doesn't FEEL right when there are even numbers of things.

 See there are five white pieces- 
1.the tureen lid 2.the tureen
3. the pitcher w/ roses
 4. the angel
 5. the white creamer





Or....if it pleases you...you can go back to just a simple vignette of just three things.
The key is to relax and enjoy creating! Have fun!


Here are some angel inspired fonts that you can download for free from dafont.

 Again, Happy First Anniversary to you, Cathy!

Hope all of you have a blessed week!



Audrey


Monday-

Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Sunday Round-Up at A Rosie Sweet Home
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper


11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Stunning. I love your angel urn and such a lovely vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Mandy said...

Beautiful Angel Vignette! Thank you so much for sharing this at Project Queen's Link Party.

Donna Wilkes said...

Angelic vignette - my favorite part is the mirror reflecting the items you used. I often lay mirrors on tables before starting a vignette. Usually an angel pops in, too! Came over from Project Queen.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Unknown said...

Such a lovely vignette! I love to use angels in decor.

Rooms by Ann said...

What a beautiful vignette. Thanks for sharin.

Crafts a la Mode said...

I think the arrangement came out well. Following now. linda

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, great tutorial!! I too love the unexpected or whimsy in a vignette. hugs ~lynne~

Michele said...

Audrey, your instructions are very useful, especially with the illustration of your photos with them.

Maria Elena said...

Your angel vignette is just gorgeous!!!It looks so pretty!

Maria Elena said...

Thank you so much for visiting and becoming a follower! I am following you back! Love your blog!

Pamela said...

You always create such beautiful displays! I have a shrug holder similar to yours but smaller. Thanx for sharing at my place!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...