Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Soothing, Calming Vignette, But Never Boring!

Do you ever need to have some nice calming neutrals in your home?
No jarring colors to compete with your senses,
 just nice, soothing colors.....

not boring though!

There is absolutely no reason to do boring!


That is where layering various textures and heights comes in.


The first layer is a creamy bedspread. A bedspread for a tablecloth?
Yupp!
 Your little old ears did not deceive you. I said a bedspread.

 Next comes a brown and cream toile, folded as a runner.

 The ends are not sewn.
  [I have a problem with committing a favorite piece of fabric to just one use....
probably need counseling!
 Do any of you ever have the same issues? Maybe we could start a support group!]


Next comes a tray with a cream and white tiny gingham checked fabric.
I tied a length of ecru lace around three books, the older the better.
Try to use odd numbers in your groupings. 


I found this darling teapot. 


Most of my vignettes end up with some shells and clocks and creamware....

because I like them. You can use what you like...



There you go!
Soothing! Calming!
Never boring!
Life gets stressful. People can really be cruel.
It can be difficult to avoid the tension that marks our days. Try to carve out some space, physically, mentally, emotionally where it is safe....for you and your family. Sometimes, 24/7 connection with Facebook, Twitter, the phone and  other good and wonderful communication devices makes us vulnerable.
It is up to us to make our home a sanctuary for our family and ourselves!

Have a blessed week,
Audrey

Monday-

Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com


21 comments:

Sarah said...

Neutrals are soothing and calming. I like to use them too.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That and much more!

Very soothing and calming!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great idea using the bedspread on the table. Very soft and so enjoyable to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Vee said...

I like your vignette... Yes, sometimes technology is too much of a good thing.

chateau chic said...

Lovely vignette with interesting variety of textures!
Mary Alice

Susanne said...

Sweetly compiled - nicely done.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just lovely, Audrey! These are the colors I love the most ~ soft creams and browns, neutrals basically that I can decorate around quite easily.

visiting from WUW : )

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Audrey...

I think that this may be my first visit to your sweet blog. I sooo enjoyed this post and totally agree that our home should be our "sanctuary"...a peaceful place where we can just "BE"!

I love the vignette that you created and also loved that you shared the steps for how to create one! I love the soft, soothing colors...love cremeware...and I love transferware! I think any vignette is successful if it's made up of things that we love and enjoy! I could also see that lovely buffet as well! Your home is beautiful, my friend! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Warmest spring wishes,
Chari

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Audrey...

Just wanted to leave you a note to let you know that I am your newest fan and follower! I have been visiting several of your posts and sooo enjoyed them! I'm looking forward to getting to know you...it's so very nice to meet you, Audrey!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Anne said...

I agree.That is why I have been changing my house with a more neutral color.
Anne

Unknown said...

Audrey,
Your vingette is so relaxing! I love calm and peaceful! I don't think I get enough of that in my house, lately. Lots going on here! Thank you!
Blessings My Friend,

Revi said...

I'm with you! I love a good neutral vignette full of texture and interesting items. MMMM. Not boring! And I have to say - your aqua beads are great!
=Revi

Gina said...

That is such a beautiful vignette! It is soothing & calm & I love it!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love all your vignettes. It's very original idea, good design.


Jody

momto8 said...

I agree with your perspective. thanks!!
love how you layer with different textures.

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

Neutrals are never boring! Love the Anthro knockoff you made as well! I found you on Cheri's blog hop, and am your newest follower, will you follow me back?

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I love neutrals and I love that teapot! Thanks so much for sharing at The Mother Lode linky party over at I Gotta Create!
<3 Christina
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tutorial, it's really helpful for me ... I always wonder what to do to make an attractive vignette but never knew the right details. Now I'm off to find my bedspread to start with :) Hugs ~ Mary

Babs said...

Your vignette is so soothing with your soft colors and favorite things collected on the tray. Thanks for the tips for choosing,arranging and layering...and I wish I still had my mom's old chenille bedspreads.
Babs

PAT said...

Beautiful vignette. I love the neutrals!

Pat@BPM

The Tablescaper said...

Oh, I found this post from A Stroll... Love the vignette, and Marty is so right, it's the perfect tutorial for any vignette.

- The Tablescaper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...