Friday, October 28, 2011

Fifi O'Neil Storage -part 2


A portion of my Fifi O'Neil storage unit is dedicated to bead storage.
 I store my beads by color in divided containers.
Silver findings are separated from the gold.
















There is a nice and inexpensive tray that you can buy to lay your beads out in different ways until you like what you see. Then string them together. 









Wow look how clean my desk is! 





My tools are kept handy in this basket. 





Warning! Once you start buying beads you will develop an obsessive compulsive disorder! Just sayin'.....






So many beads!!!!
So little time!!!








Prisms make pretty doo-dads with images decoupaged behind them.
This one is a little bird. I like hanging them in sunny windows. 






This wild creature is Rosey. See her extra toes? She taps on my window when I am working on a project so I can let her in. She is not spoiled.....




Combining found objects with new charms and beads is so much fun.

found object, in an artistic sense, indicates the use of an object which has not been designed for an artistic purpose, but which exists for another purpose already.


Grouping crystals with pearls and silver findings is just plain pretty. Don't you think?










See what I mean? Once you begin the possibilities are endless!





Thank you for dropping by to see my studio. Trust me. It looks this tidy only once in a blue moon.



Thank you, Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for featuring my post last week! You are so kind!  You are so wonderful to host the Treasure Hunt Thursday.

I am enjoying meeting so many new friends. If you have not joined any of the blog parties try one. It really is a nice way to connect.


I will be linking to these blog parties:

Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at thehouseinroses.blogspot.com
Tuesday-
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
TypeA: Anything Goes Parthttp://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff at http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Thursday
Friday
Freshmen Friday at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com

I'm aPinning Blogger at 5 Minutes for Me




Saturday
Homemakers Link-up Weekend
How Sweet the Sound http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Saturday Nite Special at funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com

Sunday
Sunday's Best Link Partyhttp://my1929charmerblog.com
Think Pink at www.flamingotoes.com

Until next time,
















24 comments:

Chateaudelille said...

Im a jewelry maker too so it was fun to see someone elses inspiration. Happy weekend to you. Fiona

Susie Jefferson said...

Great storage ideas! Happy Pink Saturday, Happy Halloween and hugs from the UK.

Sarah Coller said...

I love beads too! I especially like buying beads for my husband because he takes the time to make me pretty jewelry! Your prism idea is awesome...what a great way to repurpose! And, speaking of repurposing, I love the definition you provided for "found object". That's exactly what they are...what a great way to put it into words :)

I would like to invite you to my weekend linkup. It involves anything related to homemaking: recipes, sewing, decorating, crafts, DIY, a story about what you did today, etc! I know you'd be a great addition to the party!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Linda said...

I loved seeing your work space and storage--all in Pink! Lovely! Thanks for sharing! Happy Pink Saturday!

Francie Thornton said...

We have two Hemmingways like Rosie ... they looove to play in my beads and findings :)
Wish I was half as organized as you are.

Mom Fashion World said...

Everything looks so organize, darling!

Any plans on Halloween? Have a great weekend!

chubskulit said...

Simply beautiful!

Pink Fairy

Ann said...

Everything at your fingertips--perfect for creating lovely works of art.
Ann

Buffie said...

Very nice. I love to see how others organize their craft madness.

Buffie
http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com/

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Love your creative space space, and your stash, too! I have some of those same beads! Thanks for linking up over at Club G.W. {Goodwill} with Charm Bracelet Diva! Have a great week!

xoxo
Kathleen

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Wow, you are one organized girl. As much as I organize, I never seem to be organized. I love Rosey, she wants to be by you being creative, she knows when she got it good. Thanks for posting at Sunday's Best. Always great to see what you are up to.

Geneva said...

I love a well organized studio! Maybe someday I'll actually have one ":o) Thank you for sharing your space with us...!

Youaretalkingtoomuch.com said...

Oh my gosh! I am so impressed! I love seeing what you have going on! Thank you so much for sharing this at the "Meet Me Monday" linky party! I can't wait to see what you share next! love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

Mary said...

Wow you have plenty of beads. Awesome shots too!

Blue Dishes

Mandy said...

I am a hoarder of crafting supplies, so I am into the divided bins, baskets and such...the trick...keeping everything where it should be...love the cabinet!!!

Pamela said...

I started collecting beads but had to stop myself. SO many pretties to acquire I had to decide. Love all yours and I beg you to come and organize my craft room!!??;) Thanx for coming over to party!

Diana said...

I love your storage pictures. Yes, once you buy beads, or any other crafty stuff you become hooked. Also,looking at other artist studios becomes a huge addiction.
Thanks for sharing your yummy pics.
I, so, enjoyed my visit.

Diana

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Yay for order! Your bead organization looks great. You must be THRILLED to work in such an organized space.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your new space is so pretty and your organizational skills are impressive, and the key to finding what you need in a timely manner!

Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm a new follower, also from VA, and also a grammy. I enjoyed reading some of your older posts, as well as this one.

Revi said...

Hi Audrey! I have been busy, and have fallen behind in keeping up with what you've been doing. I'm working on a post now (the Liebster thing), and looking up photos on your blog to show folks. I didn't know you loved jewelry and beading!!! I love them, too. I've got lots of little boxes of brightly colored glass and stone beads, and I LOVE them. Just another thing we have in common...how cool is that?!!
-Revi

The Charm of Home said...

Wonderful! Thank you for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

The BROOKIE COOKIE said...

Love your organization ideas! I cook a lot and always looking for ways to save time looking for utensils! coming by from chasing rainbow. :) come by and say hi! http://thebrookiecookie.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Wow, I love the desk by the window. I make and sell jewelry as well and I use the gray storage boxes that you can get at Home Depot. The kind that you usually store nuts and bolts in. I label the drawers that works well too. I like how you have created such a beautiful space to create in.

I am having a giveaway on my blog feel free to enter = )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...