Thursday, February 9, 2012

Red Toolbox Vignette

We found this pretty red toolbox at one of our local fleas. It was already red when we bought it...have considered painting it numerous times....never have.





Can you see what it was made out of?
 An apricot crate! Didn't they do a wonderful job crafting this beauty?  


I put a piece of grey wool on our sideboard,
 centered the old heavy silver tray,
 then loaded the toolbox with white roses and red plates.

 Mixing rustic with silver is exceptionally pretty.















If you haven't followed me yet on the Linky Follower, please do. I know it is a royal pain, don't really understand all the stuff about Google! Let me know in the comment section and I will gladly follow you back.


Hope you are having a fantastic week!


Blessings, Audrey



I will be linking to these blog parties;


Monday-
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Showoff Your Cottage at houseintheroses,com
Tuesday-
Club GW at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at lindacoastalcharm.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Texture Thursday at The Daily Wyatt
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Frugal Friday at www.shabbynest.blogspot.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com
Think Pink at www.flamingotoes.com

40 comments:

Gina said...

I love your vintage toolbox and I love that it's red! Makes me want to paint mine red too. :D The dishes you filled it with are pretty.

I am following you through Linky followers now.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love the red tool box filled with red and white. The white roses are beautiful and I love the red and white dishes.
I followed you through the Linky Followers.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Audrey,

I love your beautiful display. The white roses look wonderful with all your reds.

Dee

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fantastic find! The red toolbox is amazing and I love how you paired it with silver. Of course I love all those wonderful transferware plates! Gorgeous! I am also following you through Linky now! Hugs, Linda

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love the china displayed in the red toolbox. I am following you both ways now.

Danielle

Adrianne Surian said...

I love your style, it reminds me of visiting my mother's house. She has an eye for making simple things beautiful that I just do not... I have to carefully copy people like you, LOL!

Returning the follow(s) from Happy Hour Projects, thanks for coming by!

Revi said...

ADORABLE! I love the red toolbox!
-Revi

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great color and love that it was made from a repurposed item. I bet it is very sturdy.

Gail said...

I love the tool box! i have one just like it. I was looking for ideas for my "art shed" love the photo you shared.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This is just too cute ~ adorable. I love the red and the way your acessorized it all.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I love your red tool box. I have one that I cannot decide what color to paint. Yours looks fantastic loaded with your beautiful dishes. I'm following on the new linky thingy. Come follow me when you get a chance.

Honey at 2805 said...

Your vignette is lovely, Audrey! Love the tool box. I just recently bought an old tool box and painted it red!

Thank you for sharing your lovely Valentine decor at Potpourri Friday!

Peggy said...

Hi, following you now on Linky follwers...hope you will come by my blog if you get a chance....
http://repeartreedesign.blogspot.com
Peggy

Janet said...

I really like your red toolbox! I have one very similar and just think I might paint mine red now!
Blessings,
Janet

Unknown said...

Love red and old tool boxes! The dishes look great in there. Found you on Sunday's Best Party

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love your toolbox vignette. Good job!

Anonymous said...

I love your toolbox and the red color is so pretty! You've made a very lovely vignette too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I love this idea especially the colors!! It would look perfect in my Kitchen so now I will be on the look out for a tool box, even a wood one that I can paint!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Debbie

Angie said...

I love the red! Cute idea with the dishes. I am a new linky follower~please pop over for a visit!
Angie

Rita's Recipes said...

Oh no!!! Now I 'need' a red tool tote.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Oh I so love that vintage toolbox. the red is so pretty. Now I want one too. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best. I am following you though Linky.

Mark Norkaitis said...

Love your blog! Your newest follower!
Mark @ room363

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! Love those dishes in the toolbox!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh, I'm so glad you didn't paint it. It's wonderful with all the pretty treasures you added to it.
Following you on Linky now.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the toolbox and red too! I'm a new friend through LINKY!!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a sweet idea! Love the different plates- they are all so pretty!

Pat said...

Cute yet pretty, elegant yet relaxed. Love it, I am your newest follower, but on google.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

That looks SO good! Loving that red with the beautiful dishes...thanks for linking up to Cowgirl Up! We are so lucky to have your talent!

♥Linsey

Anne said...

Love that vintage tool box.Great vignette with those pretty dishes too.I am liking up from cowgirl up.I just linked up on your linky follower.I hope you will follow me too.Have a great day.Glad I found your blog.

Erin said...

Hey Audrey, we're neighbors at the Cowgirl Up party! :) Love your red tool box paired with the feminine dishes. Happy Valentine's Day!

Erin
Carolina Country Living

Sonny G said...

Love the red tool box and your pretty vignette.. I spy a cardinal in your photo.. Thats our state bird here in NC and my personal favorite.

your newest follower
sonny

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great toolbox, Audrey! I found a red tote box/tray at a local antique mall before Christmas. I also left mine red and it worked out really well so far for Christmas and Valentine's decorating. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now, but it is still holding all my little stuffed hearts so it is not bare.

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Adorable! I love that shade of red. Thanks for linking up to "Cowgirl Up!". Hope you'll be back next week too.
:) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

Anonymous said...

Don't paint it, it's soooo gorgeous red!!!! :) Love the vignette you set up with it, really so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us over at Rednesday. Hugs ~ Mary

Unknown said...

I love the little red toolbox! I'm your newest linky follower-stop by for a visit!

Unknown said...

I love a good flea market find! I have something similar in my garage, so I may have to try this one! I am hosting my first link party today, and would love for you to add this, and anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-1.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Kathy said...

I love the red toolbox -Red is my favorite color. You have created a beautiful vignette

Anonymous said...

Those vintage tool boxes are just awesome. I love them. Love your dishes too!! Following you via LF. Hope you will pop by Take Six.

Babs said...

Audrey, I remember looking at your cute red tool box, but don't remember if I left you a comment. Duh! It's so pretty and I like the gray wool runner. Love your plates, too.

Donna said...

No, no. Don't paint it. Love the RED!
D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...