Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpiece


Our Thanksgiving Day Centerpiece has one constant in its decor. A little music box of two children saying grace. My husbands grandmother Lucille Pearson Bennet loved music boxes of all kinds. We bought this one for her as a gift one year. When she passed away the little music box came back to us. Our children and now our grandchildren enjoy listening to the music as the little boy and girl go around. Precious memories!




The table cloth is a find from Dollar General... a curtain panel....$5.00.


The plate is a Johnson Brother's transferware pattern "Olde English Countryside".

 We have much to give thanks for!

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!




I am enjoying meeting so many new friends. If you have not joined any of the blog parties...... try one.
 It really is a nice way to connect.

I will be linking to these blog parties:

Monday-
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.blogspot
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com

Tuesday-
ClubG.W. at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
projectqueen.org
Table Top Tuesdays at astrollthrulife
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com

Wednesday-
Primp Your Stuff at http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

Thursday-
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Terrific Thursday Bloghop
Treasure Hunt Thursday at F.M.B.P.T.Y.

Friday-
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Freshmen Friday at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com
Home Sweet Home Friday at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Potpouri Friday 2805
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
The Shabby Nest:Frugal Friday
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground

Saturday-
How Sweet the Sound http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com


Until next time,

21 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Nothing like an heirloom that the whole family can enjoy!

xoxo
Kathleen

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

Thanks for stopping by -- I'm your newest follower!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh my goodness, HOW sweet that is!
I said AWWWW...when I saw it!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your centerpiece is so charming. I really like the way you have all your pretty treasures displayed on the large silver platter. Thanks for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty. Love your display. Such a perfect vignette for the season. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Jenny's Heart said...

Such sweet memories and it looks lovely!

Diane said...

Visiting from No Min Here, and took a tour of your blog - you have a sweet home, love it! Following you. Diane

Kathy said...

This is beautiful Audrey! I just love the quote and your little children. I am so glad that I stopped by for a visit - I am your newest follower,
Kathy

bj said...

I do love your little music box...so sweet and just perfect to add to your Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Thanks so much for following..I am about to become your newest follower.:)
xo bj

Susanne said...

What a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing.

Debbiedoos said...

Just gorgeous Audrey. Looks like you are ready for the holiday. thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Kathy said...

Found you over at Debbie doos blog. Your photos are so pretty and I love your tablesetting The story of your music box is lovely.

debbie--http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

Beautiful tablescape, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Debbie

Kathy @ Some of These Things said...

I love this - that music box is absolutely beautiful!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Audrey, what a great tablescape! It is so sweet in its nature...very pretty!

Audrey said...

Hi Audrey ... yes, do not hear that name very often. They say it is an old name, but I love it and glad to meet another Audrey. I had seen your blog on the Cottage the other day and loved the story. Your Thanksgiving setting is inspiring. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my Blog.
Thanksgiving Blessings. Audrey

Angela said...

How pretty. I love the transferware. I keep wishing I had brown/thanksgiving transferware. Some day. Happy Thanksgiving.

Chandy said...

Amazing dinnerware! I wish I have some! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a beautiful vignette. I love the brown transferware, one of my favorites. Thanks for joining TTT and Happy Thaksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

That is so charming! I have a huge set of that Johnson Bros pattern -- my mother found a large never used box of it in their attic last year, been there since they moved to that house in 1960, and with a newborn, 3 yr old, and 5 yr old, she totally forgot about it. And now I have them. We will be using them for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...