Monday, October 10, 2011

Sew What?



Ok, new season....new wardrobe! Only in my dreams!

Sooo what do I do? 


1. Drag last years stuff out of the bins.

2. See what still fits. [won't even go down that rabbit trail]

3. Look to see if there are any new trends that I like.

4.Match up new styles w/ sewing patterns.

5. Pull fabric out [adore this part]!

6. Sew away!


Spiegel


Sundance

Sundance

Pinterest is a fun place to play....pin your ideas....look at other folks pins....

I have to be careful....could spend hours playing there!



Fabric.com is a great source for fabrics. Walmart is bringing back their fabrics....yaaaay! There are a gazzillion sites to shop from online.

The pattern below is wonderful. I have sewn just about every length... very comfortable. Super easy! Minimal skills needed....you can do this!








Here are a few of the items I whipped up. When I make or buy anything it has to go with at least 3 other things in my wardrobe. The toile fabric is a skirt made from the pattern above. I made a shirt out of the same fabric as well as a black blouse w/ pretty rhinestone buttons. All interchange.[ The pink fabric rose comes off.]




Of course you need new jewelry to go with your new clothes.

I name the jewelry pieces that I make. The name of this piece?

SEW WHAT?



I will be linking to these blog parties:

Monday-
ClubG.W. at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.blogspot
Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at thehouseinroses.blogspot.com
http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com
Tuesday-
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Wednesday
Happy Hour at http://www.happyhourprojects.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Potpouri Friday 2805
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground
I'm aPinning Blogger at 5 Minutes for Me
Saturday
Saturday Nite Special at funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com
Sunday
Think Pink at www.flamingotoes.com

Until next time,







Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...