Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bittersweet, But Mostly Sweet

Before moving to a warmer climate a dear elderly friend gifted me with her stash of
fabric-old satins, rusty velvets, crinkly gorgeous linens, tins of old buttons, resin
belt buckles, wonderful pieces of old jewelry.....

Be still my beating heart!

The creative juices started flowing! Below you will see a purse I made layering a
digital picture I tinted to match the beautiful vintage satin. Then using the bits and
pieces of fabric, laces and buttons the whole piece came together.

After making the body of the purse from a cream canvas, also vintage fabric, I
 fashioned a satin rose and a ruffle around the top of the bag.



You will find a tutorial showing how to make fabric roses. I have been a little, tiny
 bit obsessive about slapping the little guys on just about any thing that stays still.
                

 This was my first attempt at making a tutorial. I hope it makes every thing clear.                                                                                                                                                                          


Every purse, fabric flower and piece of jewelry
that I make from these lovely gifts makes me happy and sad at the same time.
                
Happy.... thinking about the wonderful times we shared together over the years.
Sad.....because I miss her so very much.

Fabric Rose Tutorial
                                            Thank you, Mary, for sharing so much of your self.
                                                      
                                                             Bittersweet, but mostly sweet!

2 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, very creative!

Such a pinktastic post!

My ink is here, please come and visit when you get a chance. Have a nice weekend!

My name is Riet said...

I love that rose. Very good tutorial.
Happy pink Saturday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...